Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Saying No

I told my boss this morning the reasons why I don’t like going to the other unit that they have been floating me to often.    She took notes while I said things like “not nice” and “there is a weird vibe” and “I feel there are landmines waiting to blow up in my face” and “they hate their manager” and “they treat me like I am incompetent”.  Not sure she knew what to do with my it has been a long night fighting fevers and I am tired,  statement that I was sorry I couldn’t more be more technically technical about why I didn’t like it.

Good way to impress your boss, say things like technically technical.

They wanted me to go last night.  At midnight.  Leave my patients, go over to the unit and get all new patients.  I said no, unless they would give me callback pay.   They didn’t send me.

I don’t say no often… I go to meetings, I get up early to take computer classes.  I am the only nurse on nights who hasn’t flat out refused to float to the unit.  I am on committees and a super user.  My boss loves me because as a rule night nurses don’t do things.  They are much less likely to get involved than day shift… we tend to come to work, do our job and go home.  So for me to agree to do it all makes them happy, and makes me feel less bad about saying no.

in a completely random not even connected sort of way, I am having a good morning.  One of the local rehabs brought breakfast in for the nurses, as a recommend us to your patients thing, and they served bacon.  REAL BACON.  My hospital doesn’t do real bacon, it does turkey bacon.  Same with sausage.  So, the real bacon was yummy.  And now I am sitting on my couch eating a Hersey's chocolate bar with almonds.  Healthy breakfast, that.

Bacon and Chocolate.  2 basic food groups.

nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment