Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chapter 23

Today I turn 23. 

23 has been a big deal to me for years.  For some reason I decided when I was like 13 that 23 was going to be the perfect age.  Out of college long enough to have a career, be comfortable in my job, making good money… it was the right age.

For the past several months I have been struggling with some changes to make in my life, to the point where I am pretty sure I am moving in the next couple of months.  (moving=new job=way scary.)

Where? I have no clue.  (well, I have a clue, but no idea what is going to work out, so therefore… no clue)

Several of the things I have planned in the last year have fallen through, and that is hard…  no air force.  no Uganda.  no masters. 

Enough failures makes taking the next step hard.  But I am determined too.  Determined to be proud of the life I am living.  To not sit home in my apartment because I am scared to leave it.

So here is to you, 23.  There are decisions I will be making during your year that will be hard, scary.  I think you and I are going to be good friends.  I am excited to  see what you have in store for me.

And so the next chapter begins…

corrie1

2 comments:

  1. Hey Corrie, I'm glad you are here in Florida seeing you're Other Half. Changes are always tough and scary, but sometimes they can be for the better. I hope everything goes well for you and I know you can make it through anything. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have Fun, Later!
    - Ray -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I centered your picture...hope you don't mind me messing with your stuff lol

    ReplyDelete