Friday, March 19, 2010

Reaching Florida

This week I was able to go to Florida to celebrate my Birthday with nurse RaDonna  and my big sister and brother in law.  I try to go see them twice a year... life is good.

I reach for some of this every time I am at my sister’s house

_MG_3212

(want the best bbq recipe around?  Buy a ticket to Florida.  Call your sister and beg for chicken.  Show up and find your brother in law  grilling chicken that has been marinating for hours.  Eat.  Eat some more.  For good measure go back a couple of hours later for another piece.  or two.  then, as an added bonus freeze the leftovers and put them in your suitcase to take home… on the plane.)

_MG_3210

His tongue is reaching for a taste, but it shall be denied.  That chicken is mine.  All mine.

Mini golf is my favorite thing to do in Florida.  Nathan usually ends up reaching for my ball when I whack it into the water… Hit it HARD is my motto.  

_MG_3192

Me and my big sister.  We like being grown up friends.  I find it very unfair that she tans and has non frizzy hair.

_MG_3190

And then I got to reach out for a huge with my bestest friend NurseRaDonna!!! And of course that requires reaching out to take a self-taken portrait!  (or 2. or 3. or an uncountable number…)

CIMG1057

All decked out for my birthday!!!

CIMG1084

(is there any better day than St. Patrick’s day to have a birthday?)

CIMG1097

(Corrie, RaDonna, and Randi) 

I leave you with a picture taken by the very talented Randi Jean (RaDonna’s sister… and the photographer behind the new blog header)

IMG_0112

This picture might look like I am reaching out to her.

But no.

I am pushing her.

I am that kind of friend.

IMG_9990

The end.

(written at 7am sitting in the Memphis airport.  Being in the Memphis airport at 7am means I got on a plane at the Jacksonville airport at 6am. Oh… and I go to work in approx. 10 hours and work the next 4 nights.  Woe is me.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part of You Capture!

2 comments:

  1. Yum... BBQ chicken! I'd reach for that too. Looks like you had a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to fly back to Florida, or buy N chicken when he comes to Kansas!

    ReplyDelete