Thursday, February 11, 2010

Work!

So this blog is primarily about my work, so when the You Capture challenge was to take pictures of work, I smiled. 

shoes

My shoes.  Sketchers, because they are my favorites.   Sitting on the tile of my entryway, because they are not allowed to touch my carpet.  Why, you ask?  Well, because of this.  and this.  and because of the patient who broke their IV tubing and came out the hallway flinging blood everywhere.  “hey, look, it’s bleeding”.  There is still a spot of that blood on the white part of my shoe(explain to me how I can have 90% blue shoes but the blood always hits the white?).  I use 4 bleach wipes every morning before I come home, and they still don’t.touch.the.carpet.

bag

This is my work bag.  It holds my clipboard, a collection of important pieces of information that get stuck in my mailbox at work, some magazines, a book or two, my zune, some medical supplies that I can’t get at night so I just carry around with me… the list goes on.  It is bright and colorful, because I love color and hospitals don’t have much.  It also stays on the tile of my entryway and doesn’t come into my apartment.  Why?  because it spends it’s nights on the carpet at work.  That’s why.

collagework

My purple bottle… no danger of someone else drinking my water. or me drinking someone else’s water.  my pill crusher… I got tired of never being able to find one, so I bought my own.  My collection of pens.  I am somewhat in love with collecting pens, especially good heavy ones.  I get most of them from my dad.  I sit at his desk at work and steal the ones I like.  Similar to how I pick all the quarters off of his dresser whenever I go home… he doesn’t have to pay for laundry. (yes, I know.  I am spoiled.)

IMG_2639

My hospital has a uniform of white tops with navy pants.  I hate it.  Walking into a uniform store and only being allowed to buy plain white scrub tops is like walking in a baskin robbins with 31 flavors and being told you have to have vanilla.  in a cup.  Me, I am more of a double scoop mint chocolate chip and reeses pb cup in a chocolate covered waffle cone sort of girl. I don’t like white.  (and that doesn’t even touch on the logic of making people who spend all day cleaning up body fluids wear white.)

That is why the shirts I wear under my white scrub tops look like this:

shirts

I like color.  (especially green, considering the fact that 4/7 are predominately green.)

(and that is the end of my ridiculously long post…)

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors in your bag, your water bottle and your shirts. I would go crazy being surrounded by so much white all the time! Great photo (and stories) of your shoes.

    ReplyDelete