Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sharing some sweet

It has been a crazy week at work. I had a patient that REFUSED to leave.  Seriously, they were supposed to be out of the hospital at 5, and I didn’t convince them to leave until 9.  There were patients with extreme dementia who would try to kick you every time you got close.  Patients who had made complaints against staff and required 2 of us in the room at all times.  3 out of the past 5 nights I didn’t even start passing meds until 930, much less be done by then.  It has been like a 2 week long full moon.

Last week in the midst of the confusion one of my coworkers brought in dark chocolate cookies with toffee chips.  They were awesome… and much needed on a bad night.  So when Hy-Vee put their strawberries on sale for 4lbs for $4, I decided it was my turn to return the favor.

biscuit

You start with a not-sweet biscuit.  if you are me, you start with a not sweet biscuit that has 2 different kinds of sugar in it because when you run to the store to buy more flour you don’t realize you are out of white sugar as well..

strawberries

Add a pile of strawberries that were sprinkled with powder sugar and left in the fridge to create their own sweet juice…

with whipcream

And cover with whip cream for the final touch of sweetness.

(and if you are me, you go back halfway through for more whip cream because you ate the whip cream faster than the strawberries…)

Then you take it to work where some amazing nurses who all look a little ragged by 1am all get excited when you plop it on the counter in the galley, and tell you how fast they inhale it in between delivering pain meds and charting.  And what started out as a  fairly bad night turned into a pretty good one.

___________________________________________________

And just for grins… I think this picture is pretty sweet because it is the first one I figured out how to run an action on.  I still don’t have it all down, but just figuring out the basics made me happy.

flower3

(vintage action from Rita’s Coffeeshop)

___________________________________________________

Part of You Capture

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the actions! It looks great (and so does the strawberry goodness)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet photo of the blossoms! I love it! And the strawberries are sending me to the store now!

    ReplyDelete