Thursday, April 8, 2010

Comfort

I made it home for the first Easter since I left for college this past weekend.  I somehow made easter into the break to road trip to some other place, not ever caring that I wasn’t home.  This year, however, I was super excited about getting to go home.  Of course, in the pattern of nothing I plan actually working out, I ended up going home 2 days later than planned thanks to a fever, abdominal pain and utter exhaustion requiring me to sleep for 36 hours straight.

My mom prayed I would get good friends in college.  This group of girls was a huge comfort to her, to know I was doing okay with amazing friends.  My core group, my roomies… Easter 2009, right before half of them got married, we went on a road trip to St. Louis.  Awesome weekend…

Group_on_Steps[1]

Our next big road trip is planned for the year we turn 25.  We are all going sky diving.  Except for tiffany and katy who think jumping out of a plane is crazy and who plan on staying on the comfort of the ground and taking pictures.

When I got to the comfort of my home (with a fever of 100.5 at that point) the first thing I saw was this:

cece2

CeCe seemed to think since I was paying her attention I should get down and pet her. 

cecebelly

I don’t get down on puppy level all that often, but she seemed to be looking for some love, so I gave in…cecebellyrub

Is there any comfort better than have a good belly rub?  She thinks not.

Of course 5 minutes later I was sitting on her because mom wanted pictures of her 1 surprise lily and that was the only way I could get a picture without CeCe knocking over the flowers.  flower

And there is one other thing I took comfort in this week.  Awhile ago I started an intense search for a camera bag that I liked.  After weeks of not finding anything I liked I called my mom and went into a rant… everything is black.  BLACK.  I hate black.  and they say CANON.  OR NIKON.  Or some other big name.  who wants to carry a bag proudly proclaiming look at me!  I have the potential to have many thousands of dollars of equipment in me! (not that my bag does.) I want to travel. I want to travel with a camera bag that doesn’t look like a camera bag. And pockets.  I want pockets, mom!!!  I want to be able to put my wallet and my phone and keys and probably a book cause I always have a book, but none of these bags have the right pockets!  I don’t usually carry one bag I am definitely not carrying a purse and a camera bag!  and they are all backpacks or with short handles.  I hate backpacks!  I want an across the shoulder bag so I can actually reach things in it. And I want it to be pretty!  and not expensive… omw mom if I was going to spend $200 on a camera accessory I want a new lens!  I can’t find anything I like (end on a wail….)

and so it went on.  Seriously. anyone who knows me knows once I start ranting it goes on for a while. and usually happens again later.  My mom finally stopped answering the phone… and then last weekend made me this.

_MG_3871

I am in love. It is neither black or a backpack.

_MG_3876

It has pockets!  They are even extra padded as a last minute request. (Yay! my lens can rest in comfort!)

_MG_3879

It doesn’t say CANON, but it does have a wooded daisy button from my great grandma’s collection.

Why do I find this a comfort?  Because, Ladies and Gentleman, this bag right here?  It is proof that someone can listen to my rants and actually understand me. 

_MG_3871

Isn’t it beautiful?  I think I am getting the Canon 55-250 to put in it this week.  (anyone have any opinions on that lens? I already have 18-55 and the set 50).

Part of you capture hosted this week by Keli and usually by Beth.

6 comments:

  1. I really like that first picture of Cece, she's a cute pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful bag! your mom rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one! Your mom should sell them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cece - she's comfort all the way. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was going to suggest looking for a bag on etsy but your mom making one is even better! great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first one of Cece is great and I can totally relate to having to restrain her so she doesn't destroy something!!

    That bag is awesome! Yay Mom!

    ReplyDelete