Thursday, January 14, 2010

Winter

Photobucket

So one of my goals for 2010 is to both get better at using my camera and to get better at photoshop. To go along with that there is a challenge called "you capture" hosted over on the "I should be folding laundry" blog. Each week they get a new challenge... and I am wanting to play along. Not sure if I will make it every week, but we will see...

This week's goal is to capture winter. Winter this year has equaled a longer run of colder temps than we have had in many many years... more snow on the ground and for longer than anyone can remember... a white christmas that meant getting to the celebrations was hard... and getting so incredibly tired of being inside that I took my camera to the local park when it was <1 outside and took pictures for over an hour. My fingers were cold.

There is a lake there in the background... I so wanted to go sliding around on it like the people on the other side but I couldn't even step off of the road without being in snow over my boots




I totally want to string lights around this tree and make it a giant christmas tree. and seriously? What determines what branches get snow? I love the dusting...

I am so going to find this bench sometime when there isn't 6 inches of snow on it. Doesn't it just look like it is perfect for a good book on a sunny day?

2 comments:

  1. Great photos...the snow is so much fun to photograph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks for sharing. Fun angles you captured.
    I'm in kansas also. My mom's a nurse and loves it. She's close to retiring.

    ReplyDelete