Thursday, May 14, 2009

Supergirl

It's been awhile since I wrote anything other than careplans but I'm gonna give this a shot. Don't expect greatness.

I have known Corrie for the past nine years and a what a blessing she has been to my life. The first night I met her and Liz, I thought how lucky they were to have each other, and I have to admit I was jealous. I never expected Corrie to become my BFF and when I discovered she shared my dream of becoming a nurse someday, I thought this was too good to be true!

We grew closer and closer as the years went by despite going to colleges 1259.15 miles away from each other. We kept in touch through hour long phone conversations, instant messaging, and most recently through text. We alone understood what the other was going through when we were worried about a test or clinicals and when I told Corrie about my experiance in watching an open heart surgery, she knew exactly what I was talking about.

Corrie was my hero all the way through school. I regaled my friends with "Corrie Stories", my favorite was the one where the old man told her to be a lady and not a cold-hearted B!tch when she was putting a foley catheter into his bladder. Corrie was proof that nursing school was survivable and you could enter the nursing world with a smile on your face and hope to heal the world!

She still is my hero.

I am amazed by all she has accomlished for herself and how hard she works at becoming the best nurse she can be. She has jumped into nursing all the way up to neck and makes me so proud! Even though we don't agree on everthing and she thinks I went crazy once I moved to FL, we balance one another so splendidly and understand the other better than anyone else.

So here's to you Corrie my dear friend. I am so sorry it's raining in your life right now but I know you'll make it through this and emerge an even better nurse than you were a 3 days ago. Keep on shining like you do so well and let God bring you out of this storm. You rock! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment