Friday, May 15, 2009

Flutterby

A couple of days ago, I did something that might not have been the best of ideas. I did something that could possibly be quite damaging to my nursing career. I made a completely unnecessary decision that will remain with me for the rest of my life.

I got a tattoo.

But not just any tattoo...a neck tattoo!

What was I thinking? I will now be pre-judged whenever I meet someone new. "Radical" and "Crazy" are words that could possibly be used to describe me and they would be correct. Who in there right mind gets an insect permanently etched into there neck? Granted, it is a charming little butterfly tucked behind my left ear and I can hide it with my hair whenever I want. But, for the rest of my life, I will have a little black butterfly following me wherever I go.

And I couldn't be more pleased!

It was the first decision I made on my own as 22 year old regarding body modification. For the first time, my parents said, "you are now 22, you are capable of making this kind of decision yourself". Now that I am college graduate, it kind of represents my new birth as a nurse. A fresh start. Nurse RaDonna, ready to take the world by storm!

I'm not gonna lie--it makes me feel wicked cool.

Now I just need to think of a name for her...any suggestions?



1 comment:

  1. what a lovely little butterfly. Just don't name it charlie, okay? I think you must have a greater pain tolerance than I do... that just looks painful.

    ReplyDelete