Thursday, May 14, 2009

room 410 thinks she is in the basement.

What a great page to get at 230am. I walk into the room and ask her, can you tell me where you are? Well, she replied, I am pretty sure I am in the basement. After all, look at those walls.

I never know how to respond.

With the confused guy in 5, who thinks we have trapped him on the pirate ship for the past 10 days, I just go along with it. Probably not the best method to ask the name of the ship, but after reorienting him 5 times, does it really matter? His sitter was about ready to jump ship anyway.

Of course, his roommate (who is sharing the poor lone sitter) threw such a big fit night before last that every single guy working on the floor showed up in the room to make sure he wasn't swinging at me. I wasn't overly worried, but it was nice to have backup.

The 88 year old lady in 6 wants to know why she has to go to a rehab place when her sister and husband can take care of her. "my house is perfectly flat, and everyone knows rehabs stink." Of course, her sister is 85 and deaf and very obviously wants nothing to do with taking care of her, and I was suprised her husband could still walk when I saw him this morning. But she wants to go home. I would too.

Getting an idea of what my week has been like? A great begining to being back after 12 days off.

I made my first error this morning. In all honestly, it wasn't entirely my fault. I was told faulty info, and I acted according. Not grand. I survived. I'm not perfect, but I do try my absolute best to be. This morning it just wasn't possible.

Maybe I should go hide in the basement with the lady in 410.

No comments:

Post a Comment