Thursday, May 13, 2010

Taking pictures I like of a color I don’t

The challenge this week was to take pictures of yellow.  I am not a huge fan of yellow, more of a green, blue, and purple person.  I wasn’t expecting to get much that I like with yellow… I was wrong.  

Things I like:

1. Colorful flowers set off by yellow centers/yellow flowers in the bouquet.

pink-yelllowcenter mom'srose

karina's columbine

2.  Taking pictures with the new macro filters I got for my 50mm. 

_MG_4791 

3. I don’t know what these are… some sort of corn cob flower? I think they are fascinating. and weird

mom'scorncob 4. I like the fact that my mom said my coming home for mother’s day (and taking pictures of all the flowers everyone but me got her…) was enough of a present.

pansey 5.  I like old, closed, train stations full of old memorabilia that I find while wandering around my home town.  

train

mini train

Next time I am going to climb over the fence and get closer.

johndeer

I am super excited about next week’s challenge, Depth of Field.  Seeing as how I bought my DSLR for the express purpose of getting blurry backgrounds, it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with.

Part of You Capture

3 comments:

  1. my great-grandmother had a flower bush like those "corn cob" flowers--but they were pink. She called it a shrimp plant. pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the railroad shots :)

    ReplyDelete