Sunday, June 7, 2009

my month is over.

not the literal month. The literal month just began. My month of madness, however, ended at 6 tonight. My friends graduated here the first weekend of may, parties and ceremonies all weekend long. Two days later I flew to Florida for a week. 3 days after I got home I went to a wedding 3 hours away. I took the bride and groom to the airport. I watched as my living room filled with the new roommates stuff moving in and the old roommates stuff on the way out. MASS CHAOS is what my apartment has been. I stopped trying to pick up because, quite frankly, why bother. This past week I went to the old roommate, Tiffany's, wedding. Went on Wednesday to a tiny kansas town 7 hours away. Spent all week running like a madwoman.

I really don't like the part where they file your nails in pedicures...



I am tired. I am home. I really don't want to see anyone for like the next month.

My attitude has been increasingly bad. For the most part I have been able to hide it, but today it exploded. My friend Chelsie was in the car with me, and she just grabbed the ipod and put on happy music. It worked for a while, but now that I am home I am just *blah*




There comes a time when I need to not be around people. When I need to just be by myself and breathe. I haven't had time to do that in a month. Maybe this week I can. I had a grand total of 9 days off of work... three more nights to go! I am excited. On my last night my boss asked when I was going to start building the wound care box on our floor. I think she expects me to do it during work, and yet, I have barely had time to sit down the past couple of weeks. She is either going to have to pay me to do it on a day off, or accept that it might not happen anytime soon. That is my opinion, and I am sticking to it.


I was so excited to see a new RaDonna post! I haven't gotten to talk to her in forever, but I am so excited things are going well. I still hate putting in IV's. She does them all the time in the ED, I am sure, but I don't do them all that often, so I still don't feel 100% comfortable. Then the hospital changed the brand we use... so didn't help.


I so remember the feelings of the first couple of days. weeks. months. Believe it or not, it gets better.


Oh! I forgot to add that last weekend my dad and mom came up and we did the american.heart.walk. It was fun, but one more thing to add to a crazy month...




















my hospital made us wear green wigs because they didn't think we got enough press coverage last year considering the fact that we are corporate sponsors. Green wigs were supposed to get attention from the press... no word yet on if it worked. I like green, so I was okay with it.



Wow. this post was random. I think I am going to go to IHOP now and get butterscotch pancakes and a splashberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment