Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the words I am not writing

I have these words I want to write.  About my first day and my second day and how I have this weird love/hate relationship with days.  It is amazing how much you can get done when your body thinks 9 am is sleeping in.  It is amazing how much getting up at 5am every morning sucks.  I would write about how frustrated I am with my preceptor and how I am so ready to be my style of nurse again, not hers.  about the nasty code and the cute residents who are all married and how I really really miss the people I used to work with.  How I want a house but I like living at home because there is sometimes food when I get off. 

But I am tired.   my brain is fried because I just worked my first day after 18 off and 5 was extra early today and 12 hours was extra long and then I had to drop off my car so that someone can turn off of the check engine light, hopefully by checking the engine, and I don’t feel good so I am going find a book I have read a million times and fill the tub with hot water and probably fall asleep and drown.

the end.

1 comment:

  1. Well, let's see. Where to begin. I don't like days either because I worked evenings and night shifts for years and years. I'm still not on normal hours with the real world so I'm up posting on my blog at 1:30 in the morning.
    Preceptors are.....well, either good or bed. I always thought I was an excellent preceptor. I liked giving my nurses free rein with my eye so that they could coordinate their own actions and learn their own time management. Not everyone is like that, though.
    For now, I recomment picking their brain all you can to gain what you can from them. Before long, you're liable to not have someone so readily available.

    Which one are you...Corrie or RaDonna?
    Weezer

    ReplyDelete