Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My hospital rocks.

I read two e-mails posted to various bulletin boards last night.

The first: CONGRATULATIONS NURSES!!! S*** (my hospital) has been voted as having the best nursing staff giving the best nursing care in J************** county (my county). It was an exciting e-mail to read. Most of the time we are being told how we need to do better on stuff, so it was exciting to see how people already think we are doing a good job.

The Second: a note in a much less obvious place telling us how most of us set up facebook/twitter/youtube/blogs as a personal forum for family and friends, but that we signed a code of conduct and we are reps of our hospital and how they except us to only share positive things. Or something like that.

So for the record, I like my hospital. I would let people I love go there. I would handpick their doctors. and nurses. but I would let them go. These are the positive S*** thoughts I am sending into the universe.

I had my midyear review today. Probably shouldn't have agreed to do it this morning, due to being seriously pe-od at a person in a department I shall not name in honor of being nice to my hospital, for this post anyway (but, RaDonna, was not the ED for once. Just to let you know). We talked about things I am doing, and I came away feeling fairly confident that with a little effort I can get in the exellence category towards raises next year. If, you know, they give us raises. She is going to get me info on becoming a PCU certified nurse, which I would totally love. I also found out that PCU is apparently considered critical care. It seems to be somewhat controversial, our CNO thinks it is, and my manager (who I love, by the way) thinks we are more advanced med-surg than easy CC. Who knows.

and my boss thinks I should take some leadership classes. Who knows why, but I think i will, since she suggested it. Maybe something cool will come of it...

end of post.

No comments:

Post a Comment